Monday, May 14, 2012

Ignorant people

should just not speak.

This is a paraphrased exchange that occurs AT LEAST TWICE a week where I work:

I'm sitting at my desk doing whatever and eating string cheese/pretzel sticks/applesauce/yogurt/almonds/sliced turkey (choose one) and this one specific person comes by my desk and EXCLAIMS "THAT is how you stay so tiny, you just eat all day long don't you girl?!" Umm, yes, by eating all day long I am able to retain this svelt figure.

What I want to say is ...um, no. I have been crapping blood for the better part of 9 years and when the pain became too much and I thought everything below my ribs was going come out my butt I decided it was time to have surgery. So, I had my colon removed, my rear sewn shut and now I make #2 out of a little rosebud made from my small intestine that sticks out through my belly.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudge. Geebus.

I can only HOPE that if I EVER have to go back on prednisone and get the lovely moon-face and gain a bajillion pounds that she will have something nifty to say like "oh, see - you shouldn't have been eating all the time!" Wonder what words of wisdom will be given when I lose the rest of my hair? Oh yes, I am losing my hair. It's just never a dull moment with Crohn's disease!

1 comment:

  1. Some people just make me laugh. You should have said all that to her....I'd love to hear what she has to say. As for the moon face, she is your(mine too) ex-BFF;)

    ReplyDelete