Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Let the fun begin!

It is -oscopy prep day at my house/work today! I'm feeling pretty lucky that I don't have to endure the whole golytely experience. The last time I had that gunk I ended up squirting it into an NG tube by myself - not how you want to spend an evening!

My totally awesome GI doc agreed to let me use Miralax instead - YAY! So, over the next 24 hours I get to eat...errr drink a clear liquid diet and then down a gawd awful big container of Miralax mixed with Gatorade.

My menu




Most people complete this ritual before a colonoscopy. I don't have a colon to -oscopy anymore so instead I am having a Capsule Endoscopy. The Mayo Clinic does a good job of explaining it so if you are wondering just click over there to check it out!

My body is currently VERY unhappy with me - I've eaten one cup of Jell-O, had 2 cups of coffe and am drinking water. Meh.

Are you a frequent flyer in the "procedure" room? What is your ritual? Any do's or don'ts? I'd love to hear 'em. Leave it in the comments!

Bottoms up LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment